Friday, March 11, 2011

AUDITORY SPARKLE

This is a bit unrelated to my film, but I just wanted to share! You could say this relates to my workflow or something (but that would be wildly unnecessary).

There are three songs that I will always listen to whenever I'm feeling down or unmotivated:

1.) Empire Ants - Gorillaz (ft. Little Dragon)



This is seriously the best song I've heard in forever. It builds to an amazing crescendo and just makes you want to get up and dance (or.. work on a film or something). I don't know if it has the same effect on other people, but I know that whenever I hear this song, I don't feel completely hopeless.

2.) Twice - Little Dragon



I first fell in love with the shadow puppet theatre, but then I realized the song was wonderful. I hate saying things are evocative but it embodies it. I guess you could say it emotes really effectively, as vague as that statement is.

And my current favourite,

3.) Chinatown - Destroyer



I don't know what it is about this song, but everytime I'm trying to get to bed, this gets stuck in my head. It works less as a lullaby than a need that insistently claws at me that can only be satiated when I listen to it a few times.

The sad (good?) thing is that even if I gorge myself on any of these songs, they don't seem to wear me out.

Anywho, I just wrote this post to share some music. I hope I don't ramble on too much.

Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment