Wednesday, March 9, 2011

1 MORE MONTH

So if you haven't guessed, the title of my blog coincides with the due date of my film (when I need picture and sound locked). There are a few weeks of leeway before the Internal Grad Show on the 7th of May but ideally, I'd want some time to work on more production content, posters, updated business cards, websites and other things for a press kit.

It's getting really stressful! Of course you're all probably on the same boat - working for hours on end, neglecting food and sleep. I think what I've learned from this is that having this deadline looming ahead is cause for a lot of anxiety, but at the same time, you produce your best work too.

You kind of realize all the things you're capable of. Your film kind of becomes a culmination of all things you love and a strong realization of your own aesthetic. That, I think, is one of the most important things to come from this experience - you take the entire year to really explore and understand these things.


If there was one piece of advice I could give, it's this. Going through the production line is really tumultuous and something one of my instructors, Martin Rose, made really explicit is the fact that the creative process is a difficult one.

Because of this, you have to learn to be more forgiving of yourself. Things don't always work out, and even if your film isn't everything you wanted it to be, it won't be your last!

I hope this wasn't too preachy - I just noticed a lot of us were getting really stressed out about the film. The trials and tribulations, amirite?

STAY ON COURSE Y'ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment